Thursday, February 28, 2013

Granny Patchwork Blanket Reveal

Here is the TA DAH moment for my Granny Patchwork Blanket.




And one a bit more full view.  The blanket is stretched out on my queen sized bed to give you a bit of an idea of its size.


This blanket project was made with Stitch Nation by Debbie Stoller a Bamboo Ewe yarn.  It's a worsted weight bamboo and wool.  The yarn is soft and warm.  The blanket is a decently heavy weight even though the granny patchwork is not a densely hooked blanket.  It was hooked with a size G.

The blanket has 110 square of 5 rounds in each granny square.  I used the JOIN AS YOU GO method as shown on Lucy's blog at Attic24.

For the finished edging, I had to use the remaining balls of wool that could make it all the way round the blanket so I didn't have a lot of design freedom.  There are several rows of granny stripe followed by a bit of a linen stitch in single crochet.  I didn't follow a specific pattern for the edging - just winged it as I thought the yarn would last.

The overall color pattern was as random as I could make it.  I tried not to have a pattern at all and tried to space colors randomly to give the blanket a bright color mix.  The colors I used were: Twilight, Mermaid, Buttercup, Eucalyptus, Geranium, Periwinkle, Mercury, and Sprout - 2 blues, 3 greens, a red, yellow and grey.  I just wanted something bright and happy to liven up my living room.  This blanket will hang out with us on the couches as we snuggle in the living room.

What you can't see on the photos above is.....




Now I don't feel quite so bad that I have started a new ripple blanket since the granny patchwork has gotten its due! See the RIPPLE BLANKET PROGRESS here.
There is still the matter of a few ends to weave in!  Happy blanket snuggling where you are!

9 comments:

Ana Figueira said...

Really beautiful blanket! I love the colors!

Sonia said...

WOW this is stunning!!

Kelly @ Polkadot Lane said...

Oh my! Gorgeous - you've done such a beautiful job.

Bee Lady said...

Saw your blog on Mel's blog. Your granny square blanket looks great. Love it. I think my next blanket will be a granny square...but must finish ripple first!

Cindy Bee

Sher said...

Thank you for all the lovely comments from the gals who are rippling along with Melissa! I'm so glad you visted my blog.

SaraJ said...

Looks great! After the ripple along, I want to make a granny square throw for the sofa. So many ideas - so little time!

Lulu said...

i love it..

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I saw your post at Ana's place so hopped over to see your granny blanket. It's gorgeous! The join as you go method doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me but I must figure it out as it does make for a nice finish. My son was accepted to a college in Philadelphia but decided to go to Colorado instead. He is flying the coop this year. Have a great day. Tammy

Sher said...

Tammy - WOW. You live in Kuwait and your son is looking at colleges in Philadelphia and Colorado - you are an adventurous pair. I bet you have some great stories to share, I'll check out your blog! Sher

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...