Thursday, March 10, 2011

Potholders from PA to KY

When I realized I would be in Kentucky for my aunt's 66th birthday, I knew I had to make something awesome and fun.  I was inspired by the color palette in the crochet blog, Attic24.

So, I stitched up some double sided pot holders.  So that they were usable, I wanted them doubly thick.  This also gave me a chance to make 2 designs.  One is square and the other is round but they coordinate in color and pattern on both sides.  One side is granny.

Both sides are rainbow colored.

They are stitched together in a simple crocheted edging.

Since I had made my mom a few double sided potholders as a late Christmas gift, I knew her sister had to have some too!  Maybe if my mom reads my blog and calls for some technical assistance, she can post some photos of the pot holders I made for her (I forgot to photo them before I packaged them up and mailed them to her).

Fortunately, all of my checked luggage made it safely to KY and I was able to give my aunt the crocheted pot holders (also useful as table trivets) on her exact birthday.  I think she liked them.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...